Table of Contents:
The RF wireless mobility allows you to enjoy music for a wider range whether in another room or outside. You may just quickly adjust the settings for a clearer voice quality. The Sennheiser SET 840-TV is very easy to setup and manage. This device is perfect for the plasma TV. The wireless headset has an auto-tuning – automatic channel search which you can turn on the receiver. Its receiver automatically turns on/off when it’s being put on or removed. They have made the battery of Lithium polymer which gives longer operating time of up to 9 hours. The weight of the receiver is very light.
Design and Build
Its ear pads are flexible, and it gives you comfort when you wear it even for a prolonged time. The receiver has a large volume and balance control rotary knob which allows you to adjust the loudness quickly and set the volume for the right and left ear.
The Sennheiser SET 840-TV uses Neodymium magnets & Duofol diaphragms. It’s an audiophile-grade sound reproduction that creates an excellent stereo sound.
What’s inside the Box
- 1 RR 840 stethoset receiver
- 1 TR 840 transmitter
- 1 BA 300 battery
- Two pairs of replacement earpads
- One main power supply with national adapters for EU, UK
- 1 TV RCA adapter
- One television SCART adapter
- One tv connection cable with two 3.5 mm stereo jack plugs and one adapter to 1/4″ (6.3 mm) jack socket
- System Modulation: FM, Stereo
- EU version: 863.3/864.0/864.7 MHz
- US version: 925.95/926.8/927.5 MHz
- Frequency response: 50 Hz–16,000 Hz THD: < 1%
- Signal-to-noise ratio(1 mV, peak deviation): type. 70 dB (A)
- Operating temperature: 10°C to 40°C
Transmitter/RF radiated power
- EU version: max. Ten mW (EIRP)
- US version: max. 50 mV/m(at a distance of 3 m)
- EU version: up to 100 m
- US version: up to 100 ft
- Connection: 3.5 mm stereo jack socket
- Power supply: 13.5 V
- Max. current consumption: 140 mA
- Max. Power consumption (transmitter in conjunction with the NT 13 mains unit): 2.4 W (inc. battery and receiver charging and with switched-transmitter)
- Standby consumption: approx. 0.9 W (w/o battery charging)
It isn’t heavy and very comfy to wear. Better sound quality compared to my previous TV listening system. Fine tuning to get a better reception is one of the pluses for this headset.